This print was the Offical Commemoritive Print, released for the first time on the bridge during the dedication. The print was commissioned by the Washington Department of Transportation, Tacoma Narrows Contractors: a Joint Venture of Bechtel Infrastructure Corporation and Kiewit Pacific Company, and the Design Engineers: Parsons Transportation Group and HNTB Corporation.
The New Narrows Bridge was dedicated on July 15, 2007. The day started with a 5K MultiCare run in which over 10,000 runners got the first peek of the spectacular view from the new deck. Following the run approximately 60,000 people took the opportunity to walk across the new deck.
The bridge, which carries the east bound traffic across the Narrows, from Gig Harbor to Tacoma, opened to traffic for the first time at 4:01 AM Monday the 16th. http://www.wsdot.wa.gov/projects/sr16narrowsbridge/
• Designed to accommodate an additional lower deck in the future
• First major transportation Suspension Bridge design-build project
• The second suspension bridge to be built in the United States in the past 40 years.
• The fourth in US to be built so close to a sister suspension bridge
• Span is fifth longest in the United States.
|New Narrows Bridge||9.5x29.5||12.5x32||$18.00|